• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

???Snow Geese?? (1 Viewer)

Ruth Daniel

Can anyone help with these Geese please?
Photographed at Walney Island,Cumbria yesterday we think they may be Snow Geese?
There were 8 of them in 4 pairs so we presumed not escapees??
Any help would be much appreciated thanks.

Attachments

• Snow Geese.JPG
    Snow Geese.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 200
Can anyone help with these Geese please?
Photographed at Walney Island,Cumbria yesterday we think they may be Snow Geese?
There were 8 of them in 4 pairs so we presumed not escapees??
Any help would be much appreciated thanks.

They look like Emperor Geese (native to Alaska and adjacent parts of Russia) so certainly escapes I'm afraid

Rob

Ruth, i have seen these exact geese at south walney, last summer!!!! and i didnt have a clue what they were. there were loads of them- they just flew in from seemingly nowhere. so i just presumed that they were some exotic escapee.

Startled me when I saw them there a few weeks ago - they are Emperor Geese. I don't know how they got there but they didn't fly the whole way from Kamchatka.

Graham

Defo Emperor geese. I see them every time i go to walney. Great Birds, and i think there is a pic of two on my Blog (head under unfortunately).

Ruth,if you go to my website,-www.Haverigg.com there is a photo of a Snow goose.We do have one here at Haverigg,albeit not at the moment.He has joined a flock of Canadas,and they return each winter.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back