• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica Televid 82 Delux 5 Combo (1 Viewer)

swanny

I was wondering if anyone on here has tried the Delux5 (or LX5) and the Televid 82 for digiscoping with the Leica adapter? I see many Swar DS'ers on here and was thinking of getting the above Leica combo. If anyone has an argument for the Swar products instead of Leica I am all ears.

I Do

Swanny, I do have that setup (with the ring adaptor) but have not made too many trials so far....Only caught a Moose on video, it was about 500m away (1500 feet) and was very happy with the results despite heat fumes. I guess taking a picture of a moving small bird might not be easy but that is part of the game...I am still making trial for findind out the right settings (zoom, image sizing, etc.). A visor might be VERY usefull as the angle Televid do not alloud to use the one on the sun shade.

See that link, the guy is using it efficienntly as proved the numerous nice pictures.

http://leicabirding.blogspot.com/2009/07/digiscoping-basics-3-selecting-adapter.html

Good Luck and keep in touch

Denis

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back