• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Photo Trekker Backpacks (1 Viewer)

George McKinney

Happy New Year to you Andy (and all at Bird Forum),
I attended the digiscoping week-end in November ... weather was bad but the instruction and company was excellent... thanks again!
I saw another participant with a neat Lowepro Photo back-pack and am now considering getting one. I have to fit in the Swarovski ATS 80mm telescope, the Nikon 4500, plus all the other bits and pieces for digiiscoping.
I have looked at the prices/spec for the LoweproPhoto Trekker AWII, and Photo Trekker AW plus the Tamrac Series 5000 Expedition 7 and 8.
Any advice/ guidance/ feed-back on experiences would be welcomed.
Thanks
George

Hi George,

On behalf of Admin and the Mods, let me welcome you to Bird Forum :t:

I like Lowepro poducts too. They are of good design and well made. I don't have experience of these particular models but hopefully someone will be along soon who does.

See you around.

Best thing to do is take all your equipment you wish to carry to the shop and pack them in different bags. They all come with detachable dividers so there are 100's of ways of packing. You can then see how comfortable the bag is when loaded.

I have several lowpro bags - a different size for every occassion.

Hi George

I used to have a Lowepro trekker backpack,& while their good for transporting your equipment I found that when a photo chance presented itself I was missing shots because I didn`t have everything in front of me.For about 8mths now I have been using a camera bag that is waist mounted(rather like a bumbag)makes life so much easier.There quite a number of companies that make these & a lot are waterproof.
Regards Steve.

I second Stevo's comment.

I have my scope on the Sam Browne style quick release style strap from Modell as described on other threads and my camera all set up in a bum bag on the waist strap. I saw a guy at Titchwell last week with a LowePro bum bag an it is better than the one I have so an upgrade is on the cards for me - it was wider and he had the top open and could easily get his camera out and on to the scope. I feel this is far more efficient than a back pack.

Just my opinion though

Doug

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back