• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

23.4.17 Wad Madani, Sudan (1 Viewer)

Female Cinnamon Weaver or Female Desert Sparrow - or something else?
Sorry for joining this thread so late, but I just came across it. I agree that this looks like a Sudan Golden Sparrow. Cinnamon Weavers are very common around Wad Medani; a few years ago I was studying them in the area. However, all would have been in non-breeding plumage in April. Best time would be between about August and November, when males are very vocal and easy to see nesting along any of the irrigation channels near the city, or beside the Blue Nile. I have attached a photo of a female I netted just south of Wad Medani, near Sennar.

Tom

Attachments

• Female Cinnamon Weaver Sennar Oct 2014.jpg
    Female Cinnamon Weaver Sennar Oct 2014.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 19
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back