• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Alicante, Santa Pola @ the end of june (1 Viewer)

Mike Price

Hi all,

Family holiday in Santa Pola last week in June, first week of July.

Would love some information on where to visit and what I can hope to see, particually interested in Raptors but all other bird/wildlife to.

Will only hire a car for 2 or 3 days of the 2 weeks though so plan to get around a lot in those few days.

Thanks

Mike

Hi all,

Family holiday in Santa Pola last week in June, first week of July.

Would love some information on where to visit and what I can hope to see, particually interested in Raptors but all other bird/wildlife to.

Will only hire a car for 2 or 3 days of the 2 weeks though so plan to get around a lot in those few days.

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike.

Have a look at web site www.costablancabirdclub.com

Select Site Guide and scroll down to Southern Costa Blanca.

You then have a selection of all the good birding spots around Santa Pola.

The nearest to you are:-

1. El Clot.
2. Salinas de Santa Pola
3. El Hondo - The jewel in the Crown.

I visit the area about 3 times a year and although not the best for birding in Spain, compared with Donana and Extramadura, I haven`t tired of the area yet.
When you`re there give Graham Critchell a ring on 0034634034314. He lives in La Marina, which is not far from S.Pola and he knows the area like the back of his hand, as far as birds and sites are concerned.
Maurice

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back