• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How is your 2012 List Going? (1 Viewer)

Was the new addition a "CB" or "something else"? ;)

Let's see, what would a "CB" be? Crested Cuckoo-Dove, Cape Bulbul, Ceylon Bush-Warbler, Chaplin's Barbet, Chopi Blackbird, Cinereous Becard, Ciri Bunting, Collared Bush-Robin, Common Buzzard, Crested Bobwhite, Cuban Bullfinch, etc. ? ;)

Something else. It was a pair of Ruddy Shelducks!!

CB

finally some decent birds are turning up locally:

191. Wood Sandpiper
192. Garganey

plus I headed out to my Little Owl site which I've been meaning to do for a while. At least 4 Little Owls fluttering around their usual oak tree, fantastic!

193. Little Owl

A nice morning last saturday at my local patch, Rheindelta of the Lake of Constance, brought my year list to 520. Apparently migration is setting in, there where quite a few waders around. New birds for the year where: Red Knot, Marsh Sandpiper, Ruddy Turnstones, Spotted Crake and Sedge Warblers.
Florian

missed one off the list!

From the 2nd of August had some Willow Tits just before I saw the hobbies! Could have sworn that I saw them earlier in the year!

194. Willow Tit

247. Wilson's Warbler, Missouri Western State University, Saint Joseph, Missouri (August 20th)
248. Northern Waterthrush, Missouri Western State University, Saint Joseph, Missouri (August 21st)

Today I saw my first new year bird since July 26. Very slow around here lately. It was also a West Virginia state lifer (number 178).

216. Semipalmated Sandpiper

Dave

249. Mourning Warbler, Missouri Western State University, Saint Joseph, Missouri (Aug 21st)
250. Ovenbird, Missouri Western State University, Saint Joseph, Missouri (Aug 23rd)

As I'm leaving the UK tomorrow for most of the rest of the year I'll convert to my world yearlist for the purposes of this thread which stands at 373. With birding done in the UK and South Africa.

Last edited:
As I'm leaving the UK tomorrow for most of the rest of the year I'll convert to my world yearlist for the purposes of this thread which stands at 372. With birding done in the UK and South Africa.

Will, where are you heading, South Africa or somewhere else?

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back