• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

anyone in cleveland, ohio area (1 Viewer)

deflore

Hey everyone. My name is Karen. I am a resident of Lakewood, Ohio, USA. I have been an active birder for the last 10 years. Unfortuneately I had to stop for a couple of years due to medical reasons. I am now trying to get back out there and do something I enjoy very much. I am now married and have a son. My husband doesn't get the same kind of enjoyment out of it as I do. My son is only 3 and he likes everything. With him it helps that his grandfather was a bird watcher also. That would have been my dad. He's the same one who got me into it. I don't drive yet so it's hard for me to get out to other places. My son and I watch what we can from our apartment building. He also likes helping mommy work on her photo albums. I'm trying to get pictures of all the birds I've seen. So I can have something to look at later on in life. Also have something to share with others that are interested too. There have been a couple birds that so far I've only seen 1 in my entire life.

If there is anyone in the northeast part of Ohio that would like to get together with another birder. Please feel free to drop me a line.

:flyaway:

Hi Karen,

I am from Cleveland but in the U.K. !

We have 2 members which spring to mind that have been with us for quite a while that both live in Cleveland, Ohio...They are samuel walker and weather, And I am sure if they come along they can probably name quite a few more. We do have the private messaging on BF if you wanted to contact either of these for any advice etc.

Welcome. Is walking OK? A stroller may help you get the kid around.

Yes, we have at least one member from your area.

Yes walking is fine as long as I take breaks when I feel winded. You see my problem is my lungs are bad due to a rare disease. My son is 3 so he dosen't use a stroller anymore.

What's the name of the person in the area?

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back