• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

lea valley bird watching fair (1 Viewer)

hawkwind

does any one know if the fair is on this year ?,ive looked on the lea valley web site but nothing was mentioned to wether it was or not

I believe that it will be happening this year, but perhaps at a different location or scale to previous events. Not sure either way, though...

i hope it is mate, ive been to the last two, nice and handy to where we live, i like steering my wife to various bits and pieces saying they are vital to our hobby, trouble is she seems to steer me to the expensive stuff for herself lol

Apparently the Lea Valley Bird Fair will be different this year - not at Fishers Green for a start but at Waterworks Nature Reserve, Leyton on April 26/27.

The Lee Valley Park will be holding a spring wildlife weekend at the Waterworks Nature Reserve again on 16th-17th May this year (the date was actually set before last years Rutland Bird Fair).

Went to the Lee Valley Bird Fair a couple of years back.
To say I was disappointed was an understatment.
Took a friend along and a bit embarrased that I got them to come.
I own numerically more binoculars and a greater selection of manufacturers then was at the fair.
Actually sent a complaint to the organisers.

If I recall Simon King and Chris Packham were supposed to be there but it didn't happen.

If it has improved then great but I will not take the chance again. Will drive 3 or 4 times the distance and visit Rutland.

Seemed a bit of a shame as the location must have a good catchment and potentially good numbers of attendees.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back