• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Great price on Fujinon FMTR series. (1 Viewer)

mosesbrowning

Dear BirdForum users,

I'm a new member, though I have often visited the binocular forum as a guest and found some very insightful info.

For anyone interested in the Fujinon FMTR series, I just wanted to mention that a US company based in CT (that's the state of Connecticut), www.defender.com has a fantastic sale for the 4th of July. The 7x50 FMTR-SX is only $400USD and the 7x50 FMTRC-SX is only $440 USD. That's more than $150 USD lower than any competitor I've seen.

I bought the 7x50 FMTR-SX model from defender more than a year ago at that price (my, time passes quickly) and I like mine very much. I realize that it's not really a birding binocular, but I also realize that a number of you enjoy binoculars for many other applications.

Well, perhaps this sale will be good news to someone. Happy Independence Day (no hard feelings, I hope)!

Frank.

Welcome to BF, Frank.

I think you're right, it's not really a birding bonocular — well, maybe for pelagic birding. How much do you find that you have to focus it aboard ship, or do you mostly leave it at one setting?

Blue skies,
Ed

It looks like their prices have gone up

It looks like their prices went up by $100 since you last looked.

Great binoculars though. You only have to refocus if the object is fairly close. For anything a little further out, I can just leave the focus the same (I have the 8x30 version of these binos).

ILya

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back