• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Elite Bushnell Series (1 Viewer)

Maestro

Today I stopped by Anacordes Telescope and Wild Bird looking for a value quality scope and was quickly directed to the Bushnell Elite and Discovery
series scopes..to my eye when compared side by side with very the high end scopes they certainly seemed more then up to the task,it was an overcast day but I didn't have time to compare them at dusk,the optic expert said I'd be quite pleased though. Anyway,after returning home and logging into this forum and looking for and reading reviews and comments I was surprised Bushnell did not have a stand-alone sub catigory here especially since I'm almost positive the vast majority of birders use Bushnell and now that I've checked them out, for more then just value.

Is the Bushnell omission a status issue for the people who can afford $1000+ scopes to feel better....just kidding folks! :)

|:S|

I'd personally like to hear from people who own this series.

There's nothing wrong with a Bushnell scope. They are great value for the money and are very reliable. I had an old Spacemaster for years. Now I own a Swarovski. The upgrade is great but I'll never regret my original purchase when I couldn't afford the best. The scopes you mentioned are a step up from the Spacemaster.

Kevin Mac said:
There's nothing wrong with a Bushnell scope. They are great value for the money and are very reliable. I had an old Spacemaster for years. Now I own a Swarovski. The upgrade is great but I'll never regret my original purchase when I couldn't afford the best. The scopes you mentioned are a step up from the Spacemaster.

Someday I'll move up but with my birding budget,I'm leaning towards the Discoverer,the local fish and game officer uses one and he's not easy to please but of course, I'm sure he didn't pay for it either. :-O

Both my Dad and I have been using the B&L Discoverer scopes for years and love them. They are a little heavy and they are not waterproof so they don't often go in our backpacks or out in rainstorms, but they give a great view. They perform way beyond their modest price point.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back