• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Oman (1 Viewer)

jeffschram

I am currently residing on a small island, Masirah, off the coast of Oman. It is a desert isle of mostly rock and sand. We do have one Oasis. I am surprised at the amount of bird life that lives here.

Hello and welcome from a mere humble member, you lucky person in a great area for birds. Is it spoiled by also having to work? I worked in Saudi once and it was only getting away from humans and close to wildlife that kept me sane.

James

:hi: Welcome to the forum Jeff. There was an article on a Ian Wallace's trip to Oman in a recent issue of a birding magazine and it made good reading.

some call it work

Yes, my bird watching is frequently interrupted by work. Fortunately, I am an aircraft mechanic. Since I spend most of the day outside, many of my feathered friends stop by to visit. The tails and props of our aircraft make an excellent singing perch for the crested lark that is so common here.

Jeff,

May i on behalf of all the admin team and moderators welcome you to Bird Forum, i am sure you will really enjoy this site and participate in the various forums, interested to know about the bird life at the oasis there.

Welcome Jeff,

Lived a couple of years in the Middle East myself (UAE), the birding was excellent. You should be in a great place to see migrants this coming autumn.

Hi Jeff
Have visited Oman on a couple of occasions in the mid 80's on business, did manage a hour or two birding which was quite nice.Welcome ot Bird Forum, I am sure you will enjoy your stay here.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back