• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Information of Specific Spanish Sites (1 Viewer)

seasgaich

Hello again, all,

Firstly, many thanks for the generous responses to my Picos/Pyrenees plea of January.

My wife and I now have a specific itinerary. There is any number of trip reports (Travelling Birder, et c.) of Spanish trips, but I wonder if any of you can offer further information on any of the following:

The immediate area around Castelldefels (just south-west of Barcelona), where we will be spending our first evening. We intend to leave the Garraf and Llobregat areas until the end.
The Ebro Delta (we will stay at Tortosa, and probably focus on the southern are of the delta).
The route between the delta and Lleida, then Llieda and Zaragoza. We have Dave Gosney's material on Northern Spain, which is VG, but will only (alas!) have a day to take in what we can during our travel to Zaragoza.
From our base in Espinama in the Picos, we will certaily take the cable-car and do the circuit back to our digs, but, without involving overly long driving, can anyone suggest other options in this part of the mountains?
Jaca is our next main base. I believe that Jaca itself has something to offer, and Gosney waxes on places like the Hecho Valley, Riglos and Loarre. Has anyone any personal insights or exact locations?
Our next place may not be very familiar, a winter ski resort, I think, called Sort, between the Aiguestortes i Estany de Sant Maurici and Cadi-Moixero natural parks.
Finally, any information, especially on best access/hides/trails, et c. will be very welcome for the Garraf and Llobregat areas. I believe the last-named can be a little tricky to find (we will be coming from Castelldefels, our final base).
Our interests are diverse, but chiefly birds and butterflies/dragonflies.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back