• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Advice needed for digital beginner!! (1 Viewer)

joser

I recently managed to get hold of a Coolpix 950. I really only wanted it in order to take photos I could post on Bird Forum for identification purposes. And maybe if I did want to get into digiscoping it would be a suitable enough entry level camera for this.

Only thing is I have no handbook, connection cable or Nikon software in order to complete the process!!

I just wondered if you guys had any idea as to what I need to get and where to get it from. I know its quite a big question to ask but as I am rather new to digital photography I really need all the help I can get!!

Id really appreciate any advice!! Thanks!!

Hi Jo,
Nice camera, many of us started digiscoping with one of these a few years ago. You can download the manual and other 950 related things HERE
I really wouldn't bother with the cables and software, get yourself a cheap compactflash cardreader and use this instead... far quicker (don't think the 950 had a usb download) and saves battery power, a lot less hassle alround.
Regards,
Andy

Thanks Andy for such a precise and quick answer. Ive downloaded the manual and Im gonna look for the cardreader now. I have seen references to this device before on BF but wasnt sure if it would stand in replacement of the leads and software or as a extra addition to them. I know now!! Thanks again, help much appreciated!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back