• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Who is this? Abu Dhabi, UAE (1 Viewer)

Hi sjahanmi.

Not too sure about this one but it looks like a Zitting Cisticola Cisticola juncidis. But it's really just a best guess.

Twite.

I think it is a Graceful Prinia, not a Zitting Cisticola. The back of a Zitting Cisticola is much more heavily streaked.

Here's a (dis) graceful wabler from Israel earlier this year -

Attachments

• Graceful Warb.jpg
    Graceful Warb.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 83
Hello All.

I agree the Zitting Cisticola has heavily streaked back, I've had a look at the Graceful Prinia, bodywise it is almost Wren like, while I realise it is in an elongated pose this bird appears longer bodied, and the tail doesn't seem right it should be strongly graduated. As I said earlier I wasn't sure about this one, but I don't see a Graceful Prinia. Any other possibilities?

Twite.

Hello All.

I agree the Zitting Cisticola has heavily streaked back, I've had a look at the Graceful Prinia, bodywise it is almost Wren like, while I realise it is in an elongated pose this bird appears longer bodied, and the tail doesn't seem right it should be strongly graduated. As I said earlier I wasn't sure about this one, but I don't see a Graceful Prinia. Any other possibilities?

Twite.

No, the bird is a Graceful Prinia. Here are some pictures of the species:

http://www.oiseaux.net/oiseaux/passeriformes/images/prinia.gracile.auau.2g.jpg

http://www.birdpix.nl/album_page.php?pic_id=24228&sid=09109979d7315c13477022e29161cc9f

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back