• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

December Moths (1 Viewer)

KenM

5 of the above beneath the halogen security light last night, also a Feathered Thorn, Red-green Carpet and a Winter moth?...last image.

Cheers

Attachments

• P1400805.jpeg  December Moth.jpg
    P1400805.jpeg December Moth.jpg
    343 KB · Views: 57
  • P1400809.jpeg  Feathered Thorn.jpg
    P1400809.jpeg Feathered Thorn.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 61
  • P1400804.jpeg   Red-green carpet.jpg
    P1400804.jpeg Red-green carpet.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 59
  • P1400806.jpeg  Winter Moth.jpg
    P1400806.jpeg Winter Moth.jpg
    581.1 KB · Views: 59
Mottled Umber was found on a door at Titchfield Haven earlier this week; I had Dark Chestnut and eudonia angustea in the trap last night.

Dave W

A quick inspection tonight before retiring and turning off the Halogen....revealed just one moth!...a Grey Pine Carpet!

Cheers

Found a nice micro, Psychoides filicivora on my front door last week. Latest specimen of this species in my county of Northumberland by over a month. I have some scarce ferns right next to the door so assume this is their food plant.
From memory, 4th record of this species for my garden.
Andy

I've usually long since put the trap away by now, but am still getting one or two moths:

Double-striped Pug
Red-Green Carpet
Rusty-Dot Pearl
Light Brown Apple Moth

in the trap this week.

Dave W

December the month of giving!....one of two Mottled Umbers beneath the halogen security light last night.

Cheers

Attachments

• P1410306.jpg
    P1410306.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 46
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back