• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Whitbarrow, Cumbria (1 Viewer)

NickPatel92

Thinking of going to Whitbarrow in Cumbria tomorrow, to try and find some of the specialty butterflies to that area. The Forecast for tomorrow for there, is cloud and a few showers. Even though this is probably the worst Butterfly watching weather, does anyone think that maybe when the rain slows (or stops) for a bit, some of the Butterflies might show, maybe some of the Fritillaries there.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks.

Nick,do not think about it,wait until the weather is better.It is atrocious at the moment.No self respecting Butterfly will be out and about in these conditions.

Made a trip to Whitbarrow and Arnside knott on Sunday, and it was on and off showers with overcast weather. This didn't stop the Butterflies though, i saw hundreds, mostly Fritillaries (4 kinds), i have never seen so many butterflies. It was absolutely brilliant.I got fantastic views, and close up, and saw quite a few other things, including a few good Birds.
The Pictures and Report from Sunday are on my Blog (below).

Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back