• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Generator? (1 Viewer)

postcardcv

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
I am slowly getting hooked on mothing and keep visiting places where I wonder what might be lurking after dark. I know that I would be able to trap at a couple of these site but would need to invest in a generator to do this. I did have a look on ALS who I normally moth stuff form but their generators as a bit beyond my budget! I then found the following on Amazon which is more the sort of price I would be happy to spend. Does anyone have any reasons that this one would not work or advice on a better similarly price generator?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LJ17...TF8&colid=21D10BSJSQZQD&coliid=I1UIHU70Y211XJ

I've also been put off getting a generator due to the price so I'll also be watching this thread to see what other comments are made. I've noticed it states 'four stroke' but no mention of it using unleaded.
Martin

Apparently it does use unleaded and is a four stroke so no need to faff about mixing fuel and oil. I might take a punt on one and see how it goes...

Well I now have the generator and it looks like it will do the job fine. Delivery was quick and the unit is smaller and lighter than others I have seen being used, which no doubt means it will not be able to run as much at once. So far I have taken it out of the box and tested it in the garden for ten minutes, it has no problem running my 125 MV. I m hoping to test it running multiple lights soon as ideally would I've to be able to run 2/3 from it if needed. It is not the quietest of generators but is not too bad. Close up you notice it but by the time you are 15m away it is just background noise so I don't think it will be an issue.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back