• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

G10 Camera has a fault (1 Viewer)

Peewit

Once a bird lover ... always a bird lover
G10 Camera has developed a fault

Hi there

My G10 Powershot camera has just started to bleep ,and a message keeps coming up called

Lens error, Restart camera.

That is all it wants to do is bleep, and nothing else.- the lens is sticking out, and not retracting into the camera at all

I have had this camera for a few years now and it may be simply that i need to replace it with a new up to date version

The 'guarantee' is well past it sell by date now

Any one else had this problem, and how did they go about getting it fixed

Regards
Kathy
x

Last edited:
hi there

Looks like it has developed at fault in the Lens, and we intent to take it to our nearest Canon dealer in Woking

The set price for repairing the error we have is £155.00 - and I pray that its arrives back before our holidays ER!!!!

Regards
Kathy
x

Hi there

We have had the G10 fixed, and it has cost us £160 to repair the jammed lens

OH wants to use it as a more casual camera to take with him on his fishing trips, so it will still have it uses

Regards
Kathy
x

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back