• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New GITZO Gimbal Head (1 Viewer)

Apochromat

ZEISS VICTORY SF 8x42 SWAROVSKI EL 8.5x42 WB NL Pu
Hello,
I now use a Gitzo GT 2543L tripod. I recently replaced my lightweight but more abrupt stopping GITZO fluid head 2180 against the new GITZO GIMBAL Head GHFG1. So smooth. Highly recommended.

Like cutting through butter, not too light and very accurate movements, easy to adjust and very well made. Perfect for the KOWA 883 with and without an attached camera body. It is heavier yes that is also true, but the movements are just perfect.

Regards

Michael

Last edited:
This looks VERY interesting! I wonder how it will perform with big camera lenses? Being Gitzo I suspect that it will be good for at least twice it's load rating! Their tripods carry 3 to 4 times what they are rated for without fuss - more in some cases.

Currently I am using the Wimberley 2 (excellent piece of kit) but it is not a fluid head. This does not matter for my camera use bit the "Fluid" action would be nice for my scope - and it is quite a bit cheaper than the Wimberley. Not often you hear that when talking about Gitzo!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back