• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Adapter Set Up for Nikon ED50 & Canon EOS Questions (1 Viewer)

Shpenny

Hello! I'm looking to attach my Canon EOS 4ti DSLR camera to my Nikon ED50 spotting scope and am looking for some guidance. I have two eyepieces for the Nikon scope: 1) a Nikon 13-30x zoom eyepiece MC, and 2) a Nikon Wide DS eyepiece. Would anyone be able to recommend the adapters I'd need to attach my camera to each of these eyepieces?

Thank you much!
Jake

Hello! I'm looking to attach my Canon EOS 4ti DSLR camera to my Nikon ED50 spotting scope and am looking for some guidance. I have two eyepieces for the Nikon scope: 1) a Nikon 13-30x zoom eyepiece MC, and 2) a Nikon Wide DS eyepiece. Would anyone be able to recommend the adapters I'd need to attach my camera to each of these eyepieces?

Thank you much!
Jake

Hi Jake,

I have the Nikon ED82 that uses those same eyepieces and has an adapter (Nikon FSA-L1) which I believe can be used on the ED50 too. I connected a Canon 60D to the FSA-L1 using a cheap (Ebay) Canon EF to Nikon adapter and it worked well through the telescope. Obviously AF and the electronic metering of the camera is redundant so I used manual mode.

Hi Jake,

I have the Nikon ED82 that uses those same eyepieces and has an adapter (Nikon FSA-L1) which I believe can be used on the ED50 too. I connected a Canon 60D to the FSA-L1 using a cheap (Ebay) Canon EF to Nikon adapter and it worked well through the telescope. Obviously AF and the electronic metering of the camera is redundant so I used manual mode.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply. Would you be able to post or send some photos of your setup for me to look over?

Thanks for your help!
Jake

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back