• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Northern Argentina (1 Viewer)

simmojunior

Hi,

Currently planning my next big adventure and Henry Cook and I are thinking about 4 weeks in northern Argentina in November. Planning a couple of days in Buenos Aires before flying to Tucuman. Then to bird the mountains, desert, high altitude lakes, cloud forest, wetlands before ending with the Amazon and Iguazu Falls.

Planning to hire a rental car but really need 4 people to make it viable. We do not plan on using guides and plan to stay at hostels or camp to keep costs down.

3 species of Seedsnipes,Rufous-fronted Dipper, 3 of Flamingo, 5 of Tinamou, 2 of Rhea, 2 of Seriema, 5 of coot, Condors, numerous endemics and possibility of Diademed Sandpiper-Plover and even Harpy Eagle (probably not but recent sightings at Calilegua). Two spaces so if you fancy good birding, good mammals and amazing landscapes and food, let me know! :)

Oli

I am very much interested in such a trip and would like to join you. However, I have prior commitment from November 13 to November 26. Is there any chance you might be interested in doing such a trip in October and early November?

You can reply directly to me at [email protected].

Thanks,

George

I'm partly organised for trip to Argentina in November! Starting in jujuy 31st oct ending tucuman around 11/12 Nov with my wife. Back to BA then down to Ushuaia, el calafate and Rio Grande.
We could share costs if you're interested?

I'm partly organised for trip to Argentina in November! Starting in jujuy 31st oct ending tucuman around 11/12 Nov with my wife. Back to BA then down to Ushuaia, el calafate and Rio Grande.
We could share costs if you're interested?

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the offer but I cannot get time off in October. Think costs were spiralling too high so going to do Northern Peru instead. If anyone wants to join us, let me know. :)

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the offer but I cannot get time off in October. Think costs were spiralling too high so going to do Northern Peru instead. If anyone wants to join us, let me know. :)

We're gonna be in Peru in November, but may well not be in the north by then. Be nice to bump into you if you're around, but we'll have a four year old with us, so would probably slow you down! Might be worth contacting Ovenbird, as she's more likely in the north round then (see her thread in info wanted section), and she will be able to be more hardcore

good luck :t:

Hi,

Currently planning my next big adventure and Henry Cook and I are thinking about 4 weeks in northern Argentina in November. Planning a couple of days in Buenos Aires before flying to Tucuman. Then to bird the mountains, desert, high altitude lakes, cloud forest, wetlands before ending with the Amazon and Iguazu Falls.

Planning to hire a rental car but really need 4 people to make it viable. We do not plan on using guides and plan to stay at hostels or camp to keep costs down.

3 species of Seedsnipes,Rufous-fronted Dipper, 3 of Flamingo, 5 of Tinamou, 2 of Rhea, 2 of Seriema, 5 of coot, Condors, numerous endemics and possibility of Diademed Sandpiper-Plover and even Harpy Eagle (probably not but recent sightings at Calilegua). Two spaces so if you fancy good birding, good mammals and amazing landscapes and food, let me know! :)

Oli
Hi
Possibly interested although may only be able to do just over three weeks.
Do you have a cost estimate?
Exact dates / itinerary?

Hi Colin, it was turning out too expensive so we've decided on north Peru instead. Going from around 1st November. Going to do it cheap so probably £1,300 for 3 weeks plus flights.

Understood
We did N peru and S Ecuador with the Birds of Ecuador illustrator Paul Greenfield in Feb this year.

Let me kknow please when you next plan a trip .
I'm always looking for birding trips I can join.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back