• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

FOCAL LENGTH IN PENTAX PF 80EDs. (1 Viewer)

SUPPRESSOR

England
It has been raining for a solid 3,days here in Cornwall,not unusal I might add.This has resulted in me surfing the net even more than I normally do,one of the little bits of information I have gleaned is to do with the different focal lengths of the straight through PF80ED and the PF80EDa models.The straight through model has a focal length of 500mm and the angled type has a focal length of 518mm.The former weighs 1,400grms the latter 1,600grms as well as being slightly longer physically. The result of this is that with the 20x60 zoom fitted the20x60 zoom becomes 21x63 in the angled type and the extra 200grms in weight is due to the extra prism needed in the angled version.
They both contain 2,elements of Lanthanum (rare earth) crown glass in their air spaced 3,element 3,group objective....Yes I know I need to get out more.
Well I did before it started raining and found 6,male wheatears on Par beach (23-03-06) and 5,purple sandpipers next door on the rocks at spit beach,with a few sand martins flying overhead for good measure.
.................................................................fiddler.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back