• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ID this small bird please (1 Viewer)

Tav94 said:
Thats right where i saw this bird thanks for that.
Fantastic! :D

....So a female Black Redstart was seen in exactly the same location. All those for Wheatear say aye??? 8-P

Keith Reeder said:
So you can't get wheatears in the same place as black reds then, DPR?

;)
I was saying it to get rise out of the Wheatear brigade ;) No one will ever know for sure what it was...there are too many people lodged in their different camps now. As it happens all the black reds I've seen (coastal birds) are also fantastic areas for Wheatears too! Anyway...I've seen the Wheatear I wanted to see today ;)

Frootshoot said:
Is your skillhouette an Alpine Acky Alan?

One for the dictionary;-
Skillhouette= skillful use of a silhouette to help solve a tricky identification conundrum.

(There's a thread in RF on inventing new words by the addition, subtraction or substitution of a single letter)
;)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back