• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bee eater behaviour (1 Viewer)

pkbhilotra

Since I like to shoot bee eaters a lot, I have accidentally come to notice, that on two different occasions, with two different birds, these birds take off from their perch upside down. I shall enclose these two photographs.
Any other unusual behaviour shall be notified.
This behaviour pertains to the little green bee eaters I shoot in New Delhi, INDIA

I've seen this with European Bee-Eaters in Spain as well, not during take-off but in flight while hawking insects - I've not managed to catch it on camera yet, but they were definitely doing barrel rolls as opposed to loops - i.e sideways rather than up and over ;)

Great birds to watch and shoot (with a camera of course)...:t:

we get here the little green bee-eater as residents, i use to have them around when i had banana trees in my garden, but when all the trees are gone, in the summer of 2007 due to water crisis we had (i lost most of my garden) than they did not come back, unless after rain, and not always, not giving the pleasure of watching them so well.

the ones i get in large numbers and they fill the city are the migrating blue checked ones, have not noticed what you are saying before but will keep an eye on them as soon as i get the chance.

some flocks already arrived but i could only hear them, it will be a while until the start to land on the TV poles and roofs.

looking forward for your shots. i just love them so much we call them "Werwar".

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back