• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Espens pictures (1 Viewer)

Prolific and very nice collection of sketches, Espen! What a great start at birding and bird art at quite a young age. Keep your interest for this going and you will go very, very far! Looking forward to seeing more.

just did a couple of acrilics of bewicks swans...

the 3rd pic is actually a photo but it is quite arty so i posted it anyway, i was walking over a icy puddle and when it cracked some big bubbles came to the top, and i took a picture of my reflection in it and it was only after that i realised my dad was in the pic too!(sideways)

Attachments

• bewickacrilic1.jpg
    bewickacrilic1.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 91
  • bewickacrilic2.jpg
    bewickacrilic2.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 85
  • bubble.jpg
    bubble.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 105
Nice to see the swans here! This time of year, the area around where I live, and just a bit north, hosts great numbers of wintering swans. Our species, however, are Trumpeter and Tundra. A Bewick's would be cause for much excitement here!

Upthread there's a very smart drawing of an osprey - lovely lines here Espen and really nicely drawn form to the bird. The common tern sketches are very nice too. This bubble reflection pic is intriguing - I like the image of your dad striding purposefully off-set. (what is it you're doing here? - playing a transparent oboe, or drinking a yard of ale?)

playing a transparent oboe said:
:-O
:-O

haven't posted for a while, heres a couple more:
1) waxwing
2) heron

Attachments

• midjan2011-018waxwing.jpg
    midjan2011-018waxwing.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 80
  • midjan2011-019heron.jpg
    midjan2011-019heron.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 63
Hey..I enjoyed Your field Work quite a lot....The Dunlin´s Fly and Ground formations pops Up when naming a favorite!...I hope to see more of You work...
Thanks

Blasts of colour and delight!

Hope to be reading your thread next Xmas...

Revel in your delight of capturing birds through your art, and deliver back to us poor people here!

Am sure you will get lots of helpful encouragement.

Those Fimo "oven-bakes" are brilliant!

ok, you said you wanted to be reading it now ;), haven't posted for a while!(long time)

this is my mini final piece from art and they're acrylics mounted on a black foam board and they're of british rarities

1. steppe grey shrike
2. marmora's warbler
3. semipalmated sandpiper
4. lesser scaup

i have done other things since my last post so i'll have to fingd them and post them.

cheers

Espen

Attachments

• kjh+_+.jpg
    kjh+_+.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 95
Nice job on all these, Espen! Always fun to see which birds are rarities elsewhere. We have Lesser Scaup on almost every pond in our area in the winter - including the pond tucked right between the grocery store we frequent and a number of apartment buildings. The first two, however, are definitely not found in our neck of the woods at all.

quick sketch from a photo of a bittern from slimbridge y'day, fantastic bird!!

Attachments

• bitternsketch-001.jpg
    bitternsketch-001.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 55
Now i've got a build up thanks to my ny resolution to do a painting a week, so...

1- dartord warbler
2- barred warbler
3- common yellowthroat
4- iceland gull
5- common yellowthroat

Attachments

• gouache-099.jpg
    gouache-099.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 56
  • gouache-100.jpg
    gouache-100.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 53
  • gouache-107.jpg
    gouache-107.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 80
  • gouache-108.jpg
    gouache-108.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 55
  • gouache-109.jpg
    gouache-109.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 47
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back