• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pictures (1 Viewer)

Henry B

As you may be aware my external hard drive decided to go defunct recently with all my pictures . I have been trying to get them back on my PC, but when I open them they are very small and will not enlarge to their former size ,as they appear in my posts. Is there a way to do this. My aim is to put them to disc for viewing. thanks.........henry.

I not sure I get what has happened - have you used some disc recovery program to extract the images from the drive, if so they should be the same size, unless you have retrieved some type of thumbnail cache.

If you are retrieving images that you have previously uploaded to the web, you should be appear that most gallery sites (eg Facebook) will reduce your images to a suitable screen size when you upload and will discard the larger original you uploaded. It is only safe to use such sites for archiving if they specfically hold your uploaded image (eg Photobucket).

Sorry I ,ve put that wrong. The pictures I,m trying to reload onto my PC are the ones I have posted on BF ,the intention was to save them on disc for future viewing.

Sorry I ,ve put that wrong. The pictures I,m trying to reload onto my PC are the ones I have posted on BF ,the intention was to save them on disc for future viewing.

Hi H

Were you actually logged into BF when you tried to do that? If not you can't enlarge photos, you can only see the thumbnail size.

Otherwise, I can't see why they won't enlarge, unless it's some security setting on your PC blocking it.

Point me to one in a post and I'll see what happens on mine... the ones in your Gallery enlarge OK.

D

If you are clicking the link to my photos in the gallery, then you are seeing the thumbnail. You will have to click each image one by one, then get to the page displaying that image, and then you can right-click and use save as (notice that below the image there may be the words click on image to view larger size, do that before clicking save to get the best image).

Did this help at all?

Niels

Edit: and you probably have heard ad nauseam that you need too external hard disks, so that one acts as backup of the other.

I'm glad you got them back Henry. Bet that was a relief.

D

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back