• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Egyptian Plovers (1 Viewer)

Steve Arlow

United Kingdom
A quick question around connecting with Egyptian Plover. I know birds will starting moving away from Kaur Marshes by mid January however will they still be present by the 10th January or will a trip to Basse be required. When will it be likely that the plovers will not be gettable.

I'm again considering a cheap trip to Gambia in early January with some specific targets in mind with this bird the only one that may cause connecting with difficult as the season progresses.

many thanks in advance

HI Matt, many thanks. I have seen them previously in years past but in November but if I do make a trip in early January it will be on my photo target list; didn't have my camera kit back in 2002.

Certainly worth getting a photo of them. I was incredibly lucky with mine after thinking I had dipped altogether.

If you do head up to Basse don't forget about the easy to see Adamawa Turtle Doves (if you need them that is) at Kunkilling Forest Park. These are quite photogenic too despite being high up most of the time.

All the best and hopefully see some of your stuff (if you go) on Twitter etc.

Matt

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back