• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

plug-in for 7D2 (1 Viewer)

Hi Peter, not sure about this as I always use Capture One, but I think you need Adobe Camera Raw or Lightroom...? To save you any expense, you could just use the RAW conversion software which comes with the camera, Canon have improved it a lot since the early days.

Just use DPP4 and then send to PS6 as a 16bit tiff for finishing Peter. IMO DPP4 is a better RAW converter than Adobe Camera Raw for Canon users.

Just use DPP4 and then send to PS6 as a 16bit tiff for finishing Peter. IMO DPP4 is a better RAW converter than Adobe Camera Raw for Canon users.

Isn't this a waste? I've found PS6 has very limited features when the files are 16bit - or have I missed something?.

Isn't this a waste? I've found PS6 has very limited features when the files are 16bit - or have I missed something?.
Think you must have missed something Malcolm, although I inadvertently put PS6, if you read the OP post he has PS CS6 - I use CS5 and am not aware of any feature that you cannot use on a 16 bitt tiff file. I think you are probably thinking of an old PS6 version which is totally different to PS CS5 or CS6.

Last edited:
Have you solved your problem? I have just tried using CS6 for a 7D2 file and it isn't a problem. I now subscribe to Lightroom and Photoshop in Creative Cloud as CS6 won't open my 1DX2 files.

Just update the Camera Raw plug-in in CS6, the 7D Mark 2 was one of the models included in the last version before Adobe stopped updates for CS6.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back