• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New apps available for Nothern South America (1 Viewer)

kitefarrago

I stumbled across these by accident. Those who like to take electronic resources on their trips might want to check out three brand new apps, all based on the Helm Guide Series "Birds of Northern South America" by Robin Restall, Clemencia Rodner, and Miguel Lentino.

This is a part of a world which hasn't been well-covered by apps before.

Available for iOS and Android:

• All Birds Colombia
  • All Birds Ecuador
  • All Birds Venezuela

These are pretty pricey for apps, but they do cover all the species in the country in question, and there are audio files as well.

There currently don't seem to be any in-depth reviews available. I've got the Ecuador done but have been too busy to check it out in any detail. I'd be happy to answer questions on that one.

I have no connection with the developers, in case anybody is wondering, but I thought this would be of interest to some members.

Andera

I purchased the Birds of Ecuador app and feel it helped during my recent travel to the country, but there are too many errors to allow this to be a stand alone resource. On balance worth the money for the sounds and having the text about subspecies. I hope that when the new book based on the same base material becomes available, that the app will be updated too.

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back