• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lucky Birding (1 Viewer)

LSB

Me
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I decided to visit my local patch early evening ,as I had just got car back from the garage. First impessions was nothing much around except a new brood of Grey Lag goslings (5). I got chatting to another local birder and we both walked up to the top willows hoping for a lesser Whitethroat or too. When we bumped into another local birder just then a flock of about 60 Pink Footed Geese flew past with around the 5-6th bird from the back Being a Snow Goose ( 1st winter). WOW a lifer,patch tick and year tick all rolled up into one.Now thats lucky!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Also a Common Tern for the year too :bounce:

WOW...you are a jammy devil ;) ...just goes to show though that you should ALWAYS double check EVERY bird in a flock, doesn't it!

I've just had a quick look on Bird Guides and saw the Snow Goose mentioned too.

Well done you - you're getting some good birds this year! :clap:

GILL

Gill Osborne said:
WOW...you are a jammy devil ;) ...just goes to show though that you should ALWAYS double check EVERY bird in a flock, doesn't it!

I've just had a quick look on Bird Guides and saw the Snow Goose mentioned too.

Well done you - you're getting some good birds this year! :clap:

GILL

Thanks Gill
I wont mention what else ive had but Id swap a few to see another Otter. :bounce:

littlestintboy said:
...but Id swap a few to see another Otter. :bounce:

It was Cuddy I think who first found the otter and I'm SURE he said he's seen it a few times in that same spot!
It was at East Chevington on the South Pool, working it's way along the base of the reed beds.....brilliant views! o:)
Though wether I'll see it myself the next time I'm at East Chev remains to be seen.....might just set up a stool and my scope and wait...and wait....and wait........

GILL

nice one wee man!

certainly doing well, keep up the good work..........oh, er..........get yer finger out and get some pics posted too, would make a few people very jealous - me included!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back