• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Moray birding (1 Viewer)

Ross's goose still just outside Forres.
Osprey flyover at Loch Spynie.
Swallow and Sand Martins Loch Spynie
Hundreds of Common Scoter and Long Tailed Duck off Burghead harbour.

Dave

Ross's goose still outside Forres.
Spotted Redshank at Lossiemouth.
Manx Shearwater, LT Duck, Common and Velvet Scoter Burghead.

Ross's goose still outside Forres
Iceland Gull Lossiemouth Estuary.

Just out of area but worth a mention, Short Eared Owl at North end of Lochindorb road/Grantown junction.

Saw a Caper in a local forest on Sunday afternoon whilst driving about, a first for my missus, she was chuffed and I'm glad we managed to see one for her.

White Billed Diver still at Burghead, and "whoop whoop!" first House Martin back at Forres! (along with a big influx in Swallows)

No sign of White billed Diver at Burghead, plenty of folk looking for it though!

Still lots of Long Tailed Ducks and Common Scoter in the bay.

Osprey high over Forres later in afternoon, Sand Martins between Forres Mechanics Football ground and Christies nurseries.

Hi Dave,
Good to meet you yesterday. After leaving Burghead things didn't get any better for Tom and me. No sign of the marsh harrier at Spynie or the long-staying spotted redshank at Lossie. I'm back in the west this evening so the white bill will have to wait for another day.
Alan

Hi Alan, likewise it was good to meet you, and to give Tom a hard time(blooming Herons!)! I'm off for the White Billed again on Saturday morning I think so will keep you posted. The last time I saw the Spot Red at Lossie it was knocking lumps out the Common Redshanks!

Regards

Dave

Agreed Pugs1 I'm picking up a few at the moment as well, good numbers of Cuckoos and Redstarts around this year as well.

Dave

Just had a close encounter with a Short-eared owl, near Salterhill, north of Elgin, superb.

Where abouts are the Cuckoos and Redstarts, Dave? I've not seen or heard any near Elgin yet.

Cuckoos at north end of Lochindorb, between Grantown Road and North end of loch, then following the road round the loch edge, drive past the wooded section on your right (by the lodge) then the car park/passing place just past these woods bird were coming down onto the new fence that leads down to the water.

Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back