• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sound-Dummys (1 Viewer)

Odradek

Hi,

i want to do stocktaking of owls in my area and therefore i want to use a sound dummy (hope thats the right word in englisch). What i used so far was a big cd radio/ghettoblaster. But that thing is very heavy, bulky and i always need new batteries for it. Now i have found some blooetooth speakers who have a very small size and are useable with a mp3 player. Does someone have any experiences with this kind of devices? Are they to small and maybe to silent to be used outside for this purpose?

Regarding the sound dummy. I dont want to joke around with the birds, and its not for fun use, photography etc. I only want to have a single response/proof. After the first answer i instandly stop the playback.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back