• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ID help in saskatchewan , canada (1 Viewer)

bird noob

Hey i got three unidentifieds today. Im just gonna throw out what i think they might be. Northern harrier, sora, and black and the black and white one i dont know. What you guys think?-il have the pic of the black and white one in a sec i need to make a small version

Attachments

• SSC_0306.JPG
    SSC_0306.JPG
    202.4 KB · Views: 77
  • CSC_0304.JPG
    CSC_0304.JPG
    209.6 KB · Views: 92
  • SSC_0307.JPG
    SSC_0307.JPG
    233.8 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Blackpoll certainly was my first impression for 3, save the amount of black on the neck.

I'll go with Chickadee based on rounded head and beak.

Last edited:
Blackpoll certainly was my first impression for 3, save the amount of black on the neck.

I'll go with Chickadee based on rounded head and beak.

I now agree...I have re-examined my original 'presumed primary projection' and find that I had mistaken it for side highlights on the tail...just off to Specsavers ;)

Agree, and to add to the comments on the 3rd bird, it's definitely a Chickadee, and almost certainly Black-capped and not Carolina based on the location, the scruffy lower border of the bib, and white edgings on the coverts etc. - looks to me like a young bird.

Richard

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back