• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Feisty Blue Tit. (1 Viewer)

BazR

bazr
Hi All.
I have a Blue Tit in the garden, which although it doesn't take from the feeders, dives in like an Exocet and drives off Goldies, Greenfinches and even a Coll. Dove that do. Talk about punching above ones weight.
Excuse brevity; still painful to type. |=(|

Baz.

Hi Baz,

You do have some toughie Blue Tits up by you!! :-O

The Dunnocks are racing around like Exocet missiles in my garden, I am sure they will collide with each other one of these days!!!

I hope your shoulder eases soon :t:

All the best

Last edited:
Hi Pam.
Thanks for the good wishes. Hoping for a cortisone jab in the morning.
As for the Blue Tits, we make them tough by varnishing their egg-shells so they have to fight their way out. LOL!!

All the best.
Baz.

Hi Baz,
Fiesty little things arent they. Your post reminded me of last week when I was doing the dishes/watching the birds when the sparrowhawk dived in out of the blue, everything scattered except+ the bluetit (which I didnt notice at the time) The hawk had landed on a branch of the elder, then I heard the blue tit giving her laldy! looked up and there he was, up a couple of branches at what looked like no more than 5 feet from her. My heart was in my mouth watching them, but the hawk just gathered herself together and took off again! Why he didnt scarper with the rest I dont know.

Best wishes

P.S. Hope your shoulder gets better soon

Hi Baz,

Make sure that you get the Cortisone jab with an anaesthetic included, otherwise prepare for some hours of extreme agony. Hint from one who's had both! Best of luck mate.

Bill.

Hi Dizzy.
Thanks.
I think smaller birds might well feel safe when the Sparrowhawk is perched, especially with branches between them. I guess it's a lot different coming in at pace, than taking off from a standing start.

All the best.
Baz.

BazR said:
Hi Pam.
Thanks for the good wishes. Hoping for a cortisone jab in the morning.
As for the Blue Tits, we make them tough by varnishing their egg-shells so they have to fight their way out. LOL!!

All the best.
Baz.

Baz you do come out with some gems :clap: :clap:

Good luck tomorrow :t:

I think I read on here somewhere that Blue Tits are little b?!@*&ds! Bully biters, are they nicknamed? They just get away with it because they're so darn cute!

Hi Bill.
Thanks a lot for your concern. I had one a few months ago in the other shoulder and that wasn't bad at all. I can only think that they must be mixing in the anaesthetic these days.

All the best.

Oh! Good Grief Baz!!!!
Ive not heard of this before. Crumbs I hope you get it sorted & take Bills advice otherwise its a needle up the jacksy for you!!! eek

Aww, you can always visit me, my nursing speciality is making big men cry |;|

Hi Pie.
Fear not gentle maiden - I don't think I should be saying that after reading your last line. It's certainly not bad four hours post jab, so I ain't worried, and my typing is more comfortable so something's happening for the good. Thanks for your concern.

All the best.
Baz.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back