• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

above and Beyond the call (1 Viewer)

will@bill

FATHER AND SON TEAM
my son will do anything for a close up " yeh Defiantly a lesser black back gull" he says

Attachments

• 8000.JPG
    8000.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 182
I'm certainly not a gull expert (or even advanced!), but this gull says Yellow-legged to me? Feel free to shoot me down and explain why I'm wrong!

ps. Nice pic!

pps. Apparently Im wrong! Fair enough!

Last edited:
Rycycle said:
I'm certainly not a gull expert (or even advanced!), but this gull says Yellow-legged to me? Feel free to shoot me down and explain why I'm wrong!

ps. Nice pic!

**Gun at ready**

It's a Lesser Black Back, most notably because the mantle is too dark for Yellow Legged Gull! Ad summer plumage LBBG's have yellow legs so I guess this is where you got your notion from....

D

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back