• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

UK Leighton Moss Confirmation (1 Viewer)

Pitvar

Two from this morning at Leighton Moss - I reckon Marsh Tit [glossy cap, smaller overall cap and narrower to back of head than Willow] and juv Chiffchaff [greenish hue and dark legs]? The warbler wasn't singing and the tit song was a short keep in touch typical noise and a "Pskyow" type call - really hard to make phonetically realistic words from calls isn't it! Any comments welcome.

Thanks in anticipation, Pitvar

Attachments

• DSC_0036.jpg
    DSC_0036.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 122
  • DSC_0034.jpg
    DSC_0034.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 129
Looks good for both ID's

The Marsh Tit are often seen on the feeders behind the visitors centre.

Derek

Looks good for both ID's

The Marsh Tit are often seen on the feeders behind the visitors centre.

Derek

Thanks both, these were a flock of three right over near the Lower Hide Derek, I've been to the feeders a few time and not seen them. Also had a Bearded Tit flyby from the hide and one near the grit trays briefly. The reeds are so high now its a struggle to see where the grit trays are though! Interestingly they were mist netting above the reeds very early on this morning - wonder if they were after the Beardies. Pitvar

I was up there at the weekend and noticed the reeds are quite high around the grit trays. The Bearded Tit seems to be one of those elusive birds for me even though I frequent Leighton Moss quite a bit and have also visited Titchwell and I was over at Blacktoft Sands yesterday.

Derek

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back