• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What am I? (4 Viewers)

ClarkWGriswold

Carpe Carpum
Supporter
Wales
I'm sure this is too easy for the pro's out there. I only took this today to confirm what I'd actually seen back home on the computer. These little superzooms are very handy.

Good luckB :)

Rich

Attachments

• IMG_0174.JPG
    IMG_0174.JPG
    218.8 KB · Views: 1,219
Might be that I'm just looking on my phone but I can't see a bird anywhere. It might be that I'm just blind stupid. I'd wait til others have had a look.

Phil

ok - If Phil is having issues it must be rediculous/ impossible. Same photo - different crop and pp. And yes, there is something phallic about the tree:eek!:

Rich

cross posted

Attachments

• IMG_0174.JPG
    IMG_0174.JPG
    427.1 KB · Views: 987
ok - If Phil is having issues it must be rediculous/ impossible. Same photo - different crop and pp. And yes, there is something phallic about the tree:eek!:

Rich

cross posted

I still can't see a bird. Looks the sort of place you might get a Little Owl though.

Steve

is it there (arrow)? still doesn't particularly look like a little owl but should be that spotty blob...

Attachments

• IMG_0174.JPG
    IMG_0174.JPG
    370 KB · Views: 799
What Am I

I'm sure this is too easy for the pro's out there. I only took this today to confirm what I'd actually seen back home on the computer. These little superzooms are very handy.

Good luckB :)

Rich

I can't see a bird either sorry. Perhaps if the omage were a tad bigger or a little lighter.:gh:

is it there (arrow)? still doesn't particularly look like a little owl but should be that spotty blob...

Spot on Lou:t:. I was really surprised that from that range with a little lightening I was able to get a recognisable image. The more I was staring at it trying to will more range out of my 8x's the more I was convincing myself out of it.

Rich

And here it is:

Attachments

• IMG_0176.JPG
    IMG_0176.JPG
    378.4 KB · Views: 850
Personally I think this one is hard. Not a common bird for South Wales (and not the Mallard or BHG either!:-O)

Attachments

• IMG_0158.JPG
    IMG_0158.JPG
    306.9 KB · Views: 448
  • IMG_0182.JPG
    IMG_0182.JPG
    412.7 KB · Views: 533
  • IMG_0221.JPG
    IMG_0221.JPG
    281.3 KB · Views: 433
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back