• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bienvenue 'chez Nick' (4 Viewers)

The happy return of a master! A great pleasure to see you and your work here again. I particularly like that first one. As usual your manner of incorporating birds and environment is wonderful and eye-opening.

always a treat, especially in these Pendulinos to see how you simplify what must in life be such a complex and tangled background

Welcome back! Your tits in mess is a real standout for me (that sounds so wrong on so many levels...) I hope this is the start of another creative landslide from chez Nick.

Mike

It's very difficult being constructive when trying to view this work through thick green veils of envy - very difficult indeed. Looks like your mini-break has done nothing to stem your creativity - quite the reverse, in fact. A blaze of bright light just flared across my monitor. . . . wonderful stuff.

It's very difficult being constructive when trying to view this work through thick green veils of envy - very difficult indeed. Looks like your mini-break has done nothing to stem your creativity - quite the reverse, in fact. A blaze of bright light just flared across my monitor. . . . wonderful stuff.

Well I hope you do manage to be constructive, I need the inspiration (unless it's another fecking group of eiders - yours just make me cry with feelings of uselessness and desperation, I've NEVER done an eider justice, mine all look like drowning guinea pigs.)

I think the new wave of inspiration in my painting stems from a little epiphany in my personal life, still not completely over the earth shattering event of last November, I've come to realise, I'm pretty ok on my own after all (thank you Shirely Valentine) and now I'm putting all my extra energies into being constructive - even the washing up is done! (bloody hell!) - oh and pendulous little birds help a lot! (and pectoral sands can just **** off!)

ok, back to the painting, back soon with bad photos of what I'm up to - just like the good old times!B :)

here are the doctored works, some dippers in a snowstorm that's been gathering dust for 3 years, a group of common and wood sandpipers with a temminck's stint and kingfisher from last year (just to remind me I do sometimes see rare birds on that patch, just not the pec) and a female little bittern that showed just before 10am when I'd been at the site for one at dawn, driving through the night in a rainstorm.

Attachments

• paintings yay 001.jpg
    paintings yay 001.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 56
  • paintings yay 003.jpg
    paintings yay 003.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 57
  • paintings yay 004.jpg
    paintings yay 004.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 53
I think I've probably said it before but these are great examples of that complex simplicity you do so well.

Mike

You're Dippers in the snow really caught my eye Nick...marvelous..!

It reminded me very much of the behaviour i observed recently during a deluge of rain and a large group of BHGulls 'skypointing'....

Always intrigued by the reactions of birds to the elements...:cat:

All the best...:t:

http://username-beast.blogspot.co.uk/

Attachments

• 002 - Copy (2) - Copy - Copy.jpg
    002 - Copy (2) - Copy - Copy.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 58
some new stuff - and posting some stuff that you may have already seen on my facebook page, if you follow me on facebook that is. Now back to painting, and then birding in the morning (in the rain, woop-de-doo!)

Attachments

• october2012 008.jpg
    october2012 008.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 56
  • october2012 009.jpg
    october2012 009.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 58
  • october2012 012.jpg
    october2012 012.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 57
  • paintypaint.jpg
    paintypaint.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 51
  • paintypaint 001.jpg
    paintypaint 001.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 58
Unimaginably inventive! I hate to choose just one but that first one really is amazing. You are painting once again with all of your powers - well at least I assume it's with all of your powers but I'll probably soon be surprised by something even better.

Always fresh I too love the first one due to the beautiful rhythmic elements so skillfully composed

Love users pointing shot

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back