• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Postbox (1 Viewer)

squidge

Wha Whassssat
I got a call from a friend who had Great tits nesting in his post box. My friend told me that even though he put a note on top of the postbox the postman still put letters in the postbox. When he opened the box there were a few letters with the Great tit parent underneath brooding the eggs. After a couple of words with the postman no more letters were put in.
The parents were busily feeding the chicks whilst we observed. The chicks have all fledged now. Its amazing the places that birds will nest in.

Cheers Ger.

Attachments

• DSC_0052_01_01_01.JPG
    DSC_0052_01_01_01.JPG
    193.5 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
I was recently watching Great tits nesting in the crack of an Iron fence surrounding a grave when all of a sudden there was a screech and a Sparrowhawk just missed one of the parents. The Sparrowhawk landed on the fence before flying off.

The crack in the iron post in the foreground is where the Great tit nest was whilst the Sparrowhawk stayed for a minute before flying off.

Ger.

Attachments

• DSC_0435.JPG
    DSC_0435.JPG
    182.7 KB · Views: 29
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back