• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hola from the Ebro Delta (1 Viewer)

Jamspangle

Up the boro!
I´m a british birder living and working in the Ebro Delta, Catalonia, Spain. The Delta is the 2nd biggest wetland in Spain and an amazing place to bird as it is very underwatched and has a variety of habitats. I am volunteering on a small and new established organic rice farm and bird reserve called Riet Vell, which is part owned and run by SEO - the spanish RSPB type thing. Originally i was trapping and counting fish, but the previous resident ornithologist got herself sacked so quickly jumped at the chance to count the birds for them, so now not only do i have a bird reserve as a back garden but i get to be the resident expert as well. I will probably post lists for the reserve on an appropriate board at a later date if anyone is interested.

I am thrilled to have found this site (thanks Elizabeth) as here i lack 'birding friends' - my girlfriend likes big colourful birds but when i was enthusing about my first moustached warbler the other week so just said "that's nice" - code for stop talking about it. Here i can go on about my recent sightings all i like! glad to be here, look forward to chatting to some of you soon. If anyone is visiting the Ebro Delta be sure to contact me and you might just score yourself a free english speaking guide with insider info.

Hi there - unless I'm pipped at the post, I can be the first to welcome you. Glad you made it over here - I'm sure you will get more welcome messages. :clap:

Hiya, so Elizabeth has coaxed another one from the Beeb. Is she on commission? lol

Look forward reading about what you see

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back