• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Visiting Cardiff (1 Viewer)

Himalaya

Visiting Cardiff in early June and wanted to know any good reserves and places for wildlife? I do hope to go to to Skomer. How far is it from Cardiff?

How far is Gigrin from Cardiff?

Would love to see beautiful landscapes and wildlife including:-

1. Tree Pipits

2. Woodlark

3. Nightjar

4. Dartford warbler

5. Nightingale

6. Seals of any sort

7. Dolphins

8. Whales

9. Seabirds of any sort esp Manxies and closer views of Puffins.

10. Wood Warblers

11. Goshawk

12. Honey Buzzard

13. Redstart

14. Pied Flycatcher

I would love to visit sand dunes, wetlands, woods, heaths and any other landscape avaiable.

I hope to spend 3-4 days. Thanks in advance!

Hi Himalaya. Skomer I'd guess to be about 3 hours from Cardiff and Gigrin Farm maybe 2 1/2 hours. Both are worth a visit. Newport Wetlands Centre and Kenfig Pool are significantly closer and can often throw up some interesting birds.

Hopefully some Cardiff birders can throw in some more suggestions.

Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back