• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Serial #s (1 Viewer)

dries1

I e-mailed Zeiss requesting date of production of a FL 8X32, no response after a week. Any info on how to garner production date from a serial # would be helpful.

Regards,

Andy W.

Thanks, I did call and all he could tell me was when the vendor got them from Zeiss, which was in 2017, so I deduce it is a recent production and has not been sitting on the shelf for a few years, not that would matter... a very nice glass.

Regards,
Andy W.

Thanks, I did call and all he could tell me was when the vendor got them from Zeiss, which was in 2017, so I deduce it is a recent production and has not been sitting on the shelf for a few years, not that would matter... a very nice glass.

Regards,
Andy W.

Got mine december 2017 straight from Wetzlar in 8x #4635186 and in 10x #3673898.
Don't have any clue how to date them by serial.

Jan

Basically you can't date Zeiss Sports Optics products by serial number alone as the serials are issued in batches with the intention of them being used on planned products but plans can change and numbers produced might be less than expected and the unused serials may then be transferred for use on other products some time later. What this means is that you can't rely on a lower number meaning that a product was produced at an earlier date than a product with a higher number.

Lee

I have not been able to get out to use any glass lately, work, and the weather here in the northeast is around 15 degrees, with wind chill less than 0.
I will be out when it warms soon, and working towards spring as the days get longer.

Andy W.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back