• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Announcing the April 'PRIZE' photo competition - sponsored by Zeiss (1 Viewer)

IanF

Announcing the April 'PRIZE' photo competition

For this months theme challenge we are having a change from the norm , the subject is - 'Wildlife'.

This will be run as a PRIZE competition. Admin is graciously offering a pair of Zeiss Victory 8x20 compact binoculars valued at £299 as a prize to go to the winner of this months competition.

The entry must be of a Wildlife subject - that is wild animal, bird or plant - but not Butterflies or Insects as they feature as a future theme.

The rules must be adhered to in order to avoid disqualification - they will be rigidly enforced.

Rules -

1. Entries to have been taken in the last twelve months.
2. Date taken to be included in the entry.
3. Entries to be uploaded between 1st-21st midnight GMT(BST).
4. Your entry must be of a Wildlife subject - not ones in captivity or cultivated.
5. Location taken to be included.
6. One entry per member.
7. Only minor image adjustment is permitted, such as cropping, sharpening, contrast, and levels. The photo must not be otherwise greatly manipulated ie. objects should not be added / removed in order to enhance the shot.
8. Once uploaded a photo is classed as an entry and cannot be replaced by another shot. However, you have until the closing date/time of this competition to ensure that your photo meets criteria.
9. Entries must be your own work and not previously submitted in a competition on this site.
10. The competition is open to all members. The prize will be awarded to the entry attracting the highest number of votes. If a tie then Admin/Moderators will decide the winner. Moderators are excluded from winning the prize.

Entries to be uploaded directly by entrants to the Monthly Photo Competitions 2004 gallery.

A voting booth will be posted after the 21st.

As this is a prize competition comments on entries are not permitted until after voting has taken place.

Limits on photo size and kb are determined by the Gallery limits. The proposed monthly themes are listed in the Competition forum - however they are subject to amendment and designation as 'prize competition' themes which will appear periodically.

* Please note only one entry per member so please pick your best one. This change is due to the increasing popularity of the competitions. Too many entries make viewing them all difficult to do comfortably.

Last edited:
What about something like a New forest pony or pig?Although they`re owned they roam wild on the forest.
Regards Steve.

Hm! A toughie one. The issue here would be the word 'owned'.

I guess I'd have to classify them as non-wildlife. Whilst free roaming they aren't truly wildlife if owned, corralled and branded or whatever. They could be said to be simply free-range like a chicken. 'Wildlife' is literally that, not owned by anyone!

IanF said:
Limits on photo size and kb are determined by the Gallery limits. The proposed monthly themes are listed in the Competition forum - however they are subject to amendment and designation as 'prize competition' themes which will appear periodically.

Hi IanF,

sorry to bother you with a trivial question but I have searched but haven't been able to find it:
Where can I find the limits?

Cheers, Jens.

Just a reminder that this prize competiton is under way. It is open to all members to enter.

See entry details at the top of this thread.

It is one entry per member.

With the competitions getting to be so popular there were simply too many entries being submitted to be viewed comfortably. This is the first month the change has been introduced.

I notice a few entries have frames or borders around them, i don't see a rule against this, but would like to be sure for future entries. I usually like to bevel the edge of some pics in photoshop.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back