• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New 100-400 to launch with 7DII ? (1 Viewer)

Roy C

Occasional bird snapper
A very solid source says as it stands, a new 100-400 will be announced alongside the EOS 7D Mark II in the late summer/early fall according to Canon rumors . I would not be surprised if it was at least double the price of the current one.

I have the 70-300L, and have often thought that if a new 100-400 comes out based on that design, it would be a very nice lens indeed.
Trouble is, we never seem to get any closer to reality with this rumor!

(Edit: It would need to be Canon tele-convertor friendly, and come with a tripod mount unlike the 70-300!)

Peter

I believe that lens may cost the end user at RRP £3,599.00

Wow, in that case the 70-300L, (and 400L, 100-400L mkI, and 300f4 for that matter) are absolute bargains LOL, cos it ain't going to be that much better than the current models, no matter what they improve on it.

You sure that isn't the price for 2 of them?

Edit: Having said that, I'm commenting on someone's opinion, of a lens that is just a 3rd hand rumour! So it's probably not worth worrying about it too much!

Last edited:
That would be an absurb price for what is essentially a consumer lens, albeit a posh I one. All rumour, let's wait and see. Personally I am MUCH more interested in a refresh of the 400 f5.6L with 3-mode IS, and with a massively improved MFD. Also wouldn't say no to a new 180 macro.....

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back