• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What do the suffices S or M mean on Opticron Eyepieces? (1 Viewer)

Thanks,

The-Wanderer

Hi Wanderer,

If you mean the suffices on the opticron website eyepiece page here:

http://www.opticron.co.uk/Pages/eyepieces.htm

It just indicates the range of telescopes the eyepieces are for, so "M" for Mighty midget, and "S" for the IS range.

When ordering eyepieces some trade customers will quote (for example) a 40810E, meaning they want it for an ES80 scope body.

Hope this helps.

Thank you Rob for your reply.

Is, for example, the 40936S eyepiece identical to the 40936M eyepiece? Are all eyepieces of the same number identical?

I suspect that the difference relates to the need, or not, to buy an adapter.

I presume I would not need an adapter for an MM3 scope but I did for my MM2 SDLv2.

Doesn't the availability of adapters mean that all Opticron eyepieces will fit all scopes past, present and future?

The-Wanderer

The Wanderer,

I can answer one of those questions. I did try the SDLv2 on the MM3 two weekends ago and noted no issues in terms of connection or image quality.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back