• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nokian footwear in the UK Re: Wellies. Can anyone help?? (1 Viewer)

javva

Caffeine fiend.
I’ll give this another go!

What you have on your feet is as important as the clothes you wear. In dry weather and so the ground is mostly dry, walking type boots (or trainers if that’s what you preferred to use) will do.

But, when the ground is waterlogged and muddy, most people usually break out the Wellies of one kind or another. I don’t recon my Dunlop Argyles are that comfortable for a days walking.

So remembering a Finnish company that makes an orienteering boot – the Trimmi Bogtrotter - I have now tracked them down. The company is Nokian Footwear.

I believe they export to the USA, Canada and Europe, but have been unable to find an importer for the UK.

It’s a long shot but you never know.

Is anyone familiar with the brand in the UK and if so have an address of the importer?

Details of the boot I’m looking out for is Here –

http://www.nokianfootwear.fi/nen/Product Groups/Outdoor/trek_outlast

javva

javva said:
I’ll give this another go!

What you have on your feet is as important as the clothes you wear. In dry weather and so the ground is mostly dry, walking type boots (or trainers if that’s what you preferred to use) will do.

But, when the ground is waterlogged and muddy, most people usually break out the Wellies of one kind or another. I don’t recon my Dunlop Argyles are that comfortable for a days walking.

So remembering a Finnish company that makes an orienteering boot – the Trimmi Bogtrotter - I have now tracked them down. The company is Nokian Footwear.

I believe they export to the USA, Canada and Europe, but have been unable to find an importer for the UK.

It’s a long shot but you never know.

Is anyone familiar with the brand in the UK and if so have an address of the importer?

Details of the boot I’m looking out for is Here –

http://www.nokianfootwear.fi/nen/Product Groups/Outdoor/trek_outlast

javva

Is this of any help

http://www.cave-crag.co.uk/ProductD...ID/129/v/e8394671-233b-421f-94e3-8368b17733b5

Dave

Thanks to you all for your help.

I have managed to find the address of the company which I think may be the importers for Nokian. I will let you know how I get on.

The Trimmi Bogtrotters I knew about as they were a big thing in the 70’s in outdoor pursuit circles.

I hope you had a look at the Nokian link.

Their boots, and particularly the ones I’m looking for, are made with walking boot comfort in mind and so I think would be ideal for pastimes like bird watching.

javva said:
Thanks to you all for your help.

I have managed to find the address of the company which I think may be the importers for Nokian. I will let you know how I get on.

The Trimmi Bogtrotters I knew about as they were a big thing in the 70’s in outdoor pursuit circles.

I hope you had a look at the Nokian link.

Their boots, and particularly the ones I’m looking for, are made with walking boot comfort in mind and so I think would be ideal for pastimes like bird watching.

I have been doing a search for the Trek outlast is there a distributer over here.

This I have so far. Will be sending them a Fax over the weekend. Javva

Company: Rosker Ltd
Address: Unit 13
Quay Lane
Gosport
Hants
PO12 4LJ
Phone: (023) 9252 8711
Fax: (023) 9252 9108
E-mail: ?

Product Groups: Accessories, Footwear, Headwear, Personal Protective Equipment, Physical & Adventurous Training Equipment

Last edited:
NOkian Bogtrotters

Just found your enquiry about Nokian Bogtrotter I got some at White and Bishop in Northampton White & Bishop 13 - 17 BridgeStreet Northampton NN1 1nh tel 01604 230901
Hope that helps you I was just doing a search for a different style for a friend and saw your enquiry.
Hope that helps Sarah
Also I am going to Burnham on Crouch next week can anyone recommend good place to go bird watching near there as I don't know that area

Nokian Rubber Boots

Hi Folks,

I'm just doing a bit of work online and noticed someone was asking about Nokian Trimmi Boots.

At J Mc Aleer and Sons we stock a huge range of Nokian Boots and have a vast range of sizes in stock. Find us at www.jmcaleer.com and go to the footwear section to view the full range.

Thanks

Richard

Appreciate this info. Thank you! :t:
Marie

Hi Folks,

I'm just doing a bit of work online and noticed someone was asking about Nokian Trimmi Boots.

At J Mc Aleer and Sons we stock a huge range of Nokian Boots and have a vast range of sizes in stock. Find us at www.jmcaleer.com and go to the footwear section to view the full range.

Thanks

Richard

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back