• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

budding bird artist? (1 Viewer)

nice solid bird - it's not a flat image of a bird with a wing shape, but a proper portrayal of a three-dimensional thing. I suppose you're using ordinary graphite pencil for the darks, which is where the 'shine' comes from, using a soft black pencil crayon will stop this.

thks for the comments guys
and thanks for the tip,will try it in future:t:
MB

Nice work MB - fantastic to see a young birder so keen - and talented...agree with other comments - like the clean lines - that redshank is fab - well done - oh and a very belated welcome to the wildlife section of BF :)

I think you are doing really well! You seem to get a little better with every drawing, well done. The Ibis/peregrine stands out though, thats a particularly nice one IMO. If I may ad one tidbit of advice, take your time when deciding on the birds proportions. If you nail the proportions, the drawing will look good even without great detail. If you miss them the drawing will look off regardless of how well it has been detailed. Keep up the work, I enjoyed watching them progress as the thread got longer :)

Cheers!

Russ

long time no see

hi guys
again sorry, usual homework GCSE's excuse.
crossbills at eyemore wood. i witnessed a huge flock of 60c crossbill at a local wood and just had to draw it, here is a male on a pine branch:
(sorry cant find this image,will upload later)
and here is a BITTERN at local pool, check out my blog(below) for videos of the bird:
SDC10919.JPG
i like this one perticularly
MB

superb bittern - it's the species that got me into sketching, you've got that feel to it spot on, they command the space around them so much.

hey
caught up with my favorite bird on the weekend, with a flock of 3 WAXWING (1 1st winter, ad female, ad male), and i just had to do a scetch... here it is:

SDC12048.jpg

edit- i seem to have uploaded the 'no legs' version, will upload pic with legs 2moz.....
MB

Ooh, yes, Waxwings are lovely birds. I like that you've captured it preening, and the work on the wing is very nice.

Look forward to seeing it with legs as well... ;)

Well it seems as if i havent posted anything on here for over a year :t:

Here are a couple of quick 10 min drawings of a Little Gull:
SDC16939.jpg

SDC16938.JPG

Obviously not as good as many peoples on the fourum, but oh well 8-P
MB

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back