• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

TSN-PA8 Digiscoping adapter (1 Viewer)

Brian Bullough

DIGIDOPE
I am thinking of buying the TSN-PA8 Digiscoping adapter, one advert says it will fit amongst others the 820 series and another only lists the 600 series anyone using this on an 823 by chance and any good !
Thanks Brian

Hi,

well this adapter is just a tube (with a window to use the zoom) and two screws for fitting the adapter to the scope body at one end and a T2 thread for fitting your DSLR or mirrorless body on the other.
I see it routinely listed as fitting for older bodies like TSN-1/2/3/4, TSN-610 and TSN-820 among the current TSN-600, 660 and 82SV.

So we need to know the diameter of the male thread on on the outside of the eyepiece bayonet of your 823. On my TSN-3 it's M41x0.75 - the same as on 600/610/660. The adapter comes with a screw-on sleeve for this thread and you attach the adapter itself to that sleeve.

Here's a picture of how the contraption works...

http://tshop.r10s.com/62f/df9/eb8f/1c0e/f024/781a/7cbd/11a2e5a4db005056ae143b.png?_ex=700x700

Joachim

I just got this adapter for use with my new 664M scope. When attached to a Sony A6000 it vignettes significantly at lower magnifications when used with the TE-9Z zoom eyepiece. The T2 adapter I'm using is about 2cm thick.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back