• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Should I consider other models instead? (1 Viewer)

anolis23

Im triying to decide if I should buy one of the monarch models, since ive read that they are one of the best mid range bins out there, and I know that nikon is a excellent brand, but I wonder if there are some other bins of other brands that are very close in price range, and with better image quality. Ive heard good things about vortex, pentax WP II, minox BL, etc. but I have to admit that im drawn to the nikon brand because I know first hand of their quality lenses in photography. Are there any other bins that arent nikons in this range that I should consider buying instead.

The Vortexes are worth a look, I never found many to look at.

The Monarchs (at least the 42mm), if you get a good unit..some people complain of lemons...are actually quite sharp in the middle.

Last edited:
I hope to have my hands on a pair of the Vortex Vipers shortly. I look forward to comparing them to something like the Pentax SPs or possibly the non-ABK Conquests.

I have my Zen-Ray SUMMIT 10x42 and thoroughly enjoy it since I got it several months ago. It seems they will have 8x42 available in a few days, I will try to get hold of one of those as soon as it is available.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back