• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pennington Flash (1 Viewer)

sparky60

Hi, me n husband thinking of visiting Pennington Flash near Wigan on Friday for a days birding/photography. I've look in internet for info and all was well until one person mentioned "watch out for Yobs in quieter areas". Any advise & info much appreciated. B

It's the same as any other urban nature reserve in that it has its unfortunate share of idiots. But in 20+ years of knowing the place I've only ever heard of one incident (although thefts from cars comes in waves) and that was a lone birder very early morning on the main car park. Don't know details but it was a good few years ago. I wouldn't let it put you off, it's a great place to visit. Car park is £1.20 all day now though, not £1 as some sites show it.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back